Monday 7 October 2013

Stitch Marker mania

It's been two months and I almost can't remember how I came up with the idea of creating stitch markers. But one thing is for sure, it's a new love, and I wonder what kinds I can create more! ^^


I started one day, simply experimenting, with creating one or two examples. A few minutes later, and after being absolutely hooked, I continued making more and more, without realising how fast time was passing by.

I have already used them a few times and they rock!
After two days of non-stop creating my eyes(and fingers) hurt so much I had to stop. Below are all of the sets I created. A few I have kept for myself, but most of them are available for sale in my Etsy shop.

For some of them I have used vintage beads, others precious gemstones like malachite, but all of them are made with materials that I had in few numbers, so all of them are unreplicable. If I make new sets, they will look totally different! ^^


Another exciting part was trying to figure out how to create large loops that could fit needles bigger than 10mm. I was very happy to discover one way and create XL stitch markers, but recently I discovered an additional way, and if it works, then I will be able to create stitch markers for any size imaginable! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment