Saturday 19 October 2013

Random knitting

I have been finishing some random pieces of knitting lately. Firstly, I finally got the chance to finish my long legwarmers, which hopefully only took 1 skein of each color. ^^


These are made after a Lion brand pattern, but only loosely based on it. I knitted them on the round in order to avoid seaming, and had different frequency of increases since the grey middle yarn is slightly heavier weight than the rest - and produced a bulkier result.

the openings look ugly but fit perfectly

Then I created a crochet cozy for my new tablet, which also turned out to be a great digital take away library, and not just for books, also for patterns!


And then I knitted a pair of mittens as a birthday gift for a good friend of mine. The pictures are crappy because I didn't have time to take proper ones: he was leaving the city and I finished the second glove just in time, a few hours before he left.


But it's better than nothing, and it still works as a reminder of what I made. ^^ The choice of colors was a bit challenging at first: I wanted to make something that can be combined with lots of different clothing, but not too neutral. I came up with the above, and I think it works.

Now on to finishing more goodies! I am in my glove-mitten-sock period and I can't stop making them! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment